2022 Scientific Conference
The PFIC Scientific Conference aims to:
- Bring together patients, researchers, providers and industry partners
- Advocate the needs of the patient community
- Create opportunity for presentation, discussion, collaboration & connection
We invite contributions from the international research community related to the following topics:
- The development of gene therapy
- Personalized treatments of PFIC diseases
- New mutations related to PFIC diseases
- The efficacy and burden of invasive treatment options and their alternatives
- Improving the post diagnosis assessment of PFIC diseases including but not limited to (1) aspects and severity of pruritus, (2) secondary symptoms, (3) the psychological and emotional burden of PFIC diseases on patients and/or their caretakers, or (4) the socio-economic burden of PFIC diseases on patients and/or their caretakers
- Identifying differences in research coverage and inequities in care and health outcomes
*Deadline for abstract submission is January 21, 2022*
*Decision date for presentations is January 28, 2022*
This will be a hybrid meeting with opportunities to present research both in person and virtual.
The conference will include an invited keynote, oral mini presentations, poster presentations and a research roundtable. Networking opportunities will be available for guests attending both in person and virtually.
See the event on our events calendar:
Purpose of the Scientific Conference
To bring together patients, researchers, providers, and industry partners to co-create a strategic plan of shared research priorities.
Learn more about the PFIC Network Mission for science and research: